Friday, January 11, 2013

Wyatt's & Bella's Anti-Work Coalition



I don't know about you, but I have a love-hate relationship with my alarm clock. I love it because it gets me up in time to go to work, even when it is dark and cold outside. But I hate it because... it is an alarm clock, 'nough said. I will shamefully admit that I have to set at least 2 alarms to get out of bed in time for work. I even have to change the rings occasionally to keep my sleepy subconscious guessing. Usually between my double alarms I wake up with time to spare for work. That is until Wyatt and Bella formed the Anti-Work Coalition; my dogs are WAY too smart. I don't mean this in a "hey, look at how amazing my dogs are" way... I mean it "gosh darn dogs are outsmarting me again" way. This is how my last couple of mornings have started.

Alarm 1: In a sleep-panic I hit the snooze button. Everyone hits snooze, right? Please say yes, thank you. Wyatt and Bella look at each other and then slowly inch closer to me on the bed.

Alarm 1, second ring: Uh, I hate that noise! I turn it off. Wyatt and Bella snuggle even closer. They have perfected the super cuddly-but-not-annoyingly-close closeness where I can feel their happy sleep-breathing and body heat, which reminds me it is winter and the floor will be cold in the bathroom. Brr...

Alarm 2: I turn off the alarm, starting to wake up now. Then Wyatt and Bella lay their little heads on me... okay just a few more minutes guys.

Alarm 3, final alarm (don't judge): I turn off the alarm. Start to get up but then Bella (who is only snuggly in the morning) wants to be held and little Wyatt gives me his sad, but "Mom it is too early, come back to bed" look. I say, okay I will snuggle with you guys for a couple minutes but then I really have to get up. *Happy puppy sighs of contentment*


10 minutes later: Panic! "Guys, you are making me late! We have to get up, you guys need walked and I have to go to work!" I rush out of bed and get ready for work. I am dressed waiting in the living room with the leashes. "Guys? Time to get up!" I hear Bella stretching out on the bed. "WALK! Let's go. WALK!" Bella and Wyatt slowly stretch and walk towards the door. They take their time doing their business on the walk, which of course leaves me freezing by the time I get back to the apartment. Then my oh so clever dogs look at me... hop right back on to the bed and say "Don't go to work, stay here where it is warm. Yea, stay and snuggle with us." I force myself to turn-away, give them their treat for the day (let’s be honest, it is bribery for them to be good dogs for the day) and begrudgingly head off to work with mis-matched socks and wet-hair all because my dogs have played up my weaknesses for more doggy-time.

"Don't go to work. Stay here and cuddle with us."



3 comments:

Amber and Brandin Whiting said...

So cute!! They are smart!! :)

Unknown said...

So cute! Who can blame you?

TC said...

Thanks guys, sometimes they are just too cute for their own good.